HP.com order cancellation information
Should you need to cancel your recent order, you can submit a cancellation request.
Use your account login or order detail credentials to access your order.
Locate and click the "Cancel Order" button at the top of the order details page. Select the cancellation reason, and submit your request.
The request will be reviewed and verified by the HP Store. Updates will be sent by email.
- Cancellation requests are for the entire order, not single items within an order.
- Once your order is placed, we can’t edit it. If a change is necessary, we have a limited amount of time to cancel and resubmit your order.
- Our customer service or chat representative will try and assist you. Orders do flow quickly.
- We can try to cancel in-progress custom orders.
- If the "Cancel Order" button is not available on your order detail page, the possible cancellation period has passed. Please review our returns information at HP.com Store returns and exchanges.
- For orders placed an hour ago or less, you can request quick cancel online. Follow the steps outlined above.
- For orders placed more than an hour ago, please contact us by phone or chat and our representative will review your order and advise you what may be possible.
- For custom or built-to-order products, we may be able to request cancellation. Please follow the steps outlined above. Please note, if your order is close to completion, cancellation may not be possible.
- Only items purchased directly from the HP.com Store – either through the HP online store or by phone – can be cancelled. We are not able to cancel orders for items from the HP Parts Store, HP Technical Support, HP retailers, or repairs.
- Once your order has been placed, it cannot be edited. Therefore, we are unable to modify the order – including address changes, configuration changes on customizable PCs (this is a computer that has a lead-time to allow us to build it after you order it) – no matter how small the change may be.
- Should you need to, however, you can request order cancellation online or speak with one of our representatives. You can then submit a new order with the necessary changes.
- Once an the order has been placed, we are not able to edit or change . If a change is needed, you have a limited amount of time – one hour – to cancel the order. Once canceled, you can submit a new order with the necessary changes. If your order has reached "processing" status, it cannot be canceled. Please review the returns information at HP.com Store returns and exchanges.
- For security reasons, we do not allow address changes after an order has been placed.
- A restocking fee may apply.
- Please refer to our Returns information.
- For orders that can be cancelled, you will receive confirmation via email. You can also check order status online.